A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. All the below will likely pass in a Light Green county. Have you had any training is the ethics or legal aspects of using lethal force?Include as much as you can, but do not exceed a couple of sentences about your experience. Was told by the chief of police to put Self defense and absolutely nothing else because thats all that was needed. I made a video summarizing good cause and what that means in California counties based on the general color of them from the calguns map. I am afraid that I will be killed or injured as a result of these activities. 504 E Alvarado St. #207 Fallbrook, CA 92028 760.451.6694. It is worth noting that the colors may be off by one color however given that someone just got their CCW in a light red county (Los Angeles) it may be worth trying if you have a "yellow" GC. CCW County CCW Information Placer County CCW Information Placer County CCW Information, Records, and Analysis Sheriff: Devon Bell Department: Placer County Sheriff's Office Address: 2929 Richardson Drive, Auburn, CA, 95603 Phone: (530) 889-7800 Fax: (530) 889-7899 CCW Web link: http://www.placer.ca.gov/SearchResults.aspx?#gsc.q=ccw Your CCW may be restricted to on-the-job only. These examples can be successful when used properly in the application. (1 2) Mauserguy. Thursday, the U.S. Supreme Court issued one of its most significant gun law rulings in more than a decade, tossing out New York state's tight restrictions on who can carry a concealed gun in public. Ihaveshotrifles,handgunsandshotguns, myentirelife. Attn : Riverside County Sheriffs Department. Its super fucked, and as an LEO, I have no problem saying that. So make sure you have a valid reason for conceal carry California before requesting CCWL. (2) Regularly gets cash at ATMs or fills up at gas stations late at night in rough parts of town and has proof of that (e.g., receipts). This occurred in an area with poor cell phone reception where I was isolated and police response time would be considerable. Because of this, it is vital to understand the California Good Cause Law before submitting one's application to obtain a CCW Permit. Website developed, maintained and hosted by Best Handgun Training, Inc. amples are not To qualify for a CCW license, you must: Be a resident of the county where you are applying; Be 21 or older; Provide a "good cause" for why you should be issued a license; Provide proof of ownership or registration of the firearm you want to be licensed to carry; and Take an approved CCW training course. you and me both. How would I go about getting one in San Diego? amc 24 showtimes. I am also in tech like you are but I only came up with a simple but honest good cause self defense and protect my family . Have you graduated from any training classes?4. Your CCW may be restricted to on-the-job only. example is to provide you with just a few examples. I wonder who has gotten one recently there to make the map like this? They can easily be sold online or in person-to-person sales. There was a study recently by John Lott, PhD and, IIRC, on average, >6% of Americans >18 yo have CCWs. This is the CA "Good Cause" requirement by County map. That's roughly 1 out of 500 people, infants, druggies, felons, and hookers included. The space listed for lease is described as general office. Nice work. ), Step 3 Tell Your True Story. discussion, the topic "preparing for your CCW interview". The examples of Good Cause required are provided as examples only. or any public agency, attorney orlaw enforcement agency Nice to know OC has passed 9500. Provide note from MD and/or PT on letterhead explaining condition, etc.). list (Legalities) (444), Abbreviations commonly used in this forum (4), Looking for better sights for my S/W Shield (9), What the best and most mousy CCW gun in .380 on The Roster? If youre in a light red county, you are not getting a CCW unless you donate large amounts of money to the sheriff, or you know them personally. For all of these reasons, I respectfully request that I be granted a concealed weapons permit.Put your Statement together and put it into your own words. Plus, remember that equipment that cost you $1,000 isn't equivalent to someone making $500 cash deposits. How will they attack you?Example: Because I walk my dogs late at night for exercise in a rural area, I fear I will be attacked by robbers looking for an easy target. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Permitting agencies may no longer require a demonstration of "good cause" in order to obtain a concealed carry permit. (Proof includes police reports (if BG unknown), permanent restraining order (if BG known), evidence of current threats (e.g., audio recordings, video/pictures, written threats, etc).) 10-56971, 09-02371-IEG I N T HE United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit EDWARD PERUTA, et al., Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO, et al., Defendants-Appellees. Im thinking about making a video on this sort of topic and was looking to have some direct sources from people that live in restricted counties. For Massachusetts, the best I could find is this list from Northeast Shooters. I'm pretty sure Kern county's good case policy is "I leave my house sometimes". By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Full credit goes to "Paladin" from CalGuns. See ~2/3rds down at: https://www.auditor.ca.gov/reports/s019-041/table3) Last is Virtual No Issue: this is where they issue for category #15 below and only for that. I'm thinking Shasta, and maybe a couple other "Jefferson" counties top the list for percentage. Where are you that leaves you vulnerable? Note well there's a range within each category. Borrow as many of the reasons that fit for you, and then be sure you can document the reasons you use with evidence. For example, someone who's work equipment is worth $10,000 (might pass Light Red) is assumed to be more at risk than someone who's equipment is worth only $1,000 (might pass Yellow). Like if you use camping, be sure to have receipts for camping gear and photos showing you camping. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015, NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member. Questionhow skillful should a person be before they apply for a ccw ?? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Camp, hike, run, walk the dogs, or go jogging in the park? This is Virtual Shall Issue because virtually all of us can get issued here. The listed lease rate is $30.00/SF/YR. Application for CCW, the applicant must show "good cause" exists for the issuance of a CCW permit. Also, below is a draft of my good cause statement, and would like some feedback if possible. Threats to personal safety may be verbal or demonstrated through actual harm committed in the place of work, neighborhood or regular routes of travel for business. OvertheyearsIhaveencounteredsituationswhereIdidnotfeelcomfortable, continuingwiththepurchaseandwasabletoleavebecauseIfeltunsafewiththepeopleinvolvedand, thesurroundingsbuttherehavebeenafewtimewhereIwasunabletoturnandleavewithoutafaceto, faceconfrontationwiththeseller/sellersandhadtodefendnotonlymyselfbutthemoney,whichthey, knewIwascarrying,inordertomakemyexit. When you move to that free state, take me with you haha. I'm in Riverside county but my IA is our local PD. On Appeal from the United States District Court The nature of my business or occupation is such that it is subject to personal risk and / or criminal attack, greater than the general population. He was telling growers they should have firearms on hand to prevent rip offs and because his guys can't get there quickly enough most of the time. I shot competitive skeet and trap for nearly 10 years. If your good cause is you transport valuables, then write about a time when you were in fear of being attacked, robbed, or injured. ), (6) Recreational activities that put you at a heightened risk due to the property's value or equipment's inherent danger (e.g., Craig's List seller/buyer, avid shooter who transports several semi auto pistols, rifles and/or shotguns and hundreds of rounds to various ranges or C&R collector). San Luis Obispo County CCW Information, Records, and Analysis. with the Placer County Sheriff's Department. darkand/orintheearlymorninghourswhenothersarestillasleep. Avid shooter who often goes to a range before or after work, as seen by club membership card, receipts and photos. (written description of your business activities, copies of relevant certificates/licenses, provide photos of you doing job, etc) N.B. Have you had military training?2. This is Virtual No Issue because virtually none of us can get issued here. Then I had to provide evidence I went to car/bike shows. 0 Thats what my county does. The below GC categories are listed from, roughly, weakest to strongest. Application for CCW, the applicant must show "good cause" exists for the issuance of a CCW permit. TheseareasandbecauseitsstilldarkoutsidewhenIstartwork. (38), Unsure of Which County To Register In (10), TSA At LAX Does Enhanced Screening Because Pax Had CCW Permit (25), Traveling cross country to the Midwest - Carry in states that allow it? I've heard from a few people that self defense is good enough in Kern, but I was wondering if a few people might be will to chine in. Traveling with equipment holding sensitive data is a valid reason. . If applying for a NEW Concealed Carry Weapon license, a 4 to 8-hour firearms training course must be completed with a recognized Firearms Instructor prior to issuance. I submitted my OC CCW Application today (7/22/21). California Penal Code sections 26150 and 26155 provide that a sheriff of a county or the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county may issue a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person (CCW license). A lot of people simply state their good cause as self-defense. InadditiontomypersonallifeexperienceIhavealsocompletedanNRAbasicpistolclassandthe. (e.g. Using your own words, write a paragraph or two that is a story about something that you have experienced that leads you to believe what you require a CCW. That makes sense, I carry my company laptop everywhere I go even on vacation and essentially on call 24/7 in case something comes up. I felt in fear for my safety and believe that I was in real danger of being attacked. The letter will be sent out under the name of the Sheriff, "By" the reviewing sergeant pursuant to Section J 0100 of the Sheriff's Office Policy and Procedure Manual. Your equipment is not only used (let's say it would fetch $600), but also it's stolen (might then drop that to $300). Accept all carte medianav clio 4 gratuit Manage preferences. The bicycles and equipment associated with racing are very expensive and are highly desirable to thieves. Include the details that talk about your specific situation rather than talking about random or general threats. It is not out of the ordinary for me to transport upwards of $10,000 dollars worth of bicycles in my vehicle. That seems like a good sign. When a claimant contacts us and questions or disagrees with a determination after the 10-day (plus five mail days) time limit to request statutory benefit continuation (SBC) or receive Goldberg Kelly (GK) payment continuation or after the 60-day (plus five mail days) time limit to file an appeal . Now what some may not know is how their personal "good cause" would fit in. He has done quite a bit of research into the counties to keep the community updated and I would trust his judgement when it comes to determining what kind of "good cause" you have and how that fits into the counties (i.e. use and activities. In accordance with California Penal Code 26150 et. where i'm at, the sheriff wants everyone to carry. He may be a higher target due to such property. remoteareaswithlimitedcellphoneservice. Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California . That's also why I'm getting multi CCW so I can conceal in other states. I have been approved for one with a solid Yellow Good Cause statement - meaning, my job puts me at a heightened risk of injury and no other precautions are suitable to prevent or reduce the chances of something happening. This thread is in the wrong forum. department website, or by visiting www.calguns.net for a good forum on good Seems like you were able to strongly prove evidence of you being at high risk for attack without having solid threats made at you. Your CCW may be restricted to on-the-job only. I am particularly at personal risk when arriving to the areas and prepping, as well as when I return from training and am cleaning and loading the equipment. In OC I claimed that I go to remote, outdoor, locations for hikes often, wild animals, homeless and the like. Not from there but surprised Monterey is dark green. Mine didnt even interview me. Your CCW may be restricted to on-the-job only. Some of us can get issued here. The OP should use 2014 Dec numbers from here when he doesn't have more recent numbers: It's B.S. I definitely think the map is off on the high side (favorable to us) by a color for Alameda and Coco Counties. Placer County currently accepts a good cause statement of 'Self Defense'. When could you be attacked? Rickybillegas. Address: 1585 Kansas Avenue, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93406. US Law Shield covers the use of any weapon, including your hands, as well as protection from illegal firearm confiscation. AsayoungerCraftsman/TeacherIfeltmoreableto, defendmyselfphysicallybutastheyearshavecaughtuptomeIdonothavethephysicalabilityto, defendmyselfincertainsituationsbutstillneedtopurchasethesematerialsinordertomakemy, personalprojectsandpurchasematerialatacostthatallowsallofmystudenttoproducemanyprojects, IgrewupinMiraLomaCaliforniaduringatimewhenmostfamiliesintheneighborhoodhadand, usedgunstonotonlyputdownthelivestockforfoodorwhensickbutalsoshootthecoyotesandother, animalsastheyattackedthefamilyanimalsontheproperty. Where will you be attacked? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The "expensive stuff in my car" line is very acceptable with OCSD. The firearm cannot be registered to any other family member. Damn. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. You need to articulate why you are personally at riskcould be as simple as felon release programs, rising crime in your area, antifa/BLM riots, and LE not being adequately funded. When I am not working as a diesel mechanic, I am also an avid antiques collector and travel around California to find good deals on antiques. It was decades ago so I might give it a shot if I tighten up my accuracy. Specifically in counties that are more difficult to receive them. Some counties require much more, some counties require much less. Step 5 Make a Request for Your PermitI am afraid that I will be killed or injured as a result of these activities. (See Calif State Auditor's report re. I have been told by people who work for the SO that its more about your ability to articulate your good cause than it is the actual level of good cause. 120 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<8CCF1FA02749334FA2549FCE86109A97><9D2B9D5F6D12C54FB893DEB79BBCA059>]/Index[99 32]/Info 98 0 R/Length 103/Prev 158694/Root 100 0 R/Size 131/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Cookie Notice I am in fear that I am a target for attack by dangerous criminals who know I work for ACME Inc and want to harm me to steak the widgets.Example: As a ___(what you do)____, I __(activity you perform)____ and that makes me a target for ___(people who want to attack you)______________________________________________________________________Step 3: - Tell Your Story:Spend 3 to 5 sentences telling them your story. I'm sure some of you are aware that Paladin from the CalGuns forum has color-coded the California counties showcasing how difficult it is to get a CCW. The criminal element in question would easily be able to turn my tools and antiques into money due to the easy of selling such items. LA County General Questions & Good Cause Statement. (9) Employees required to work in remote locales at all hours with little or no cellphone coverage and/or long LE response times (e.g., wilderness photographer, surveyors, construction workers). I have a friend in a light red county who works in a county jail on the civilian staff side. These people could easily attack me due to the hours I am commuting early in the morning or late at night. I can assure you there is at least 2 lol. I felt in fear for my safety and believe that I was in real danger of being attacked. Ire-enteredmyvehicleanddroveinthruthegateontothejobsiteandexitedtosecurethe, gate,whentheypushedbackonthegatewithresistanceandstartedcursingmeout. The reason for this increased risk is that I am a diesel mechanic and constantly transporting thousands of dollars in tools to and from my job site. Provide police reports if available.Example: On a job site or work location I was confronted by 3 men who were confrontational and trespassing on private property. A task of the business or occupation of the applicant requires transportation of large sums of money or other valuables and alternative protective measures or security cannot be employed.4. Especially if you have recently gotten yours. General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s6#post18732016, https://www.revealnews.org/article/wsan-francisco/, CA DOJ BOF CCW issuance count from 1987-2007, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/sd.php?t=352786, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s.php?t=1172570, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cact_id=2814691. CALGUNS.ORG A Division of CALGUNS.NET The California Firearms Owner's Home On The Internet Working Together To Preserve Our Freedoms . Provide police reports if available.Example: On a job sight or work location I was confronted by 3 men who were confrontational and trespassing on private property. Public Resources. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. All the below will likely pass in a Yellow county. Good work. Of this, minimum divisible area is 8,977 square feet. There's time stamps to jump around. Im in Kern, dark green, I had a dui and got a CCW 5 years later. The guns are both valuable and highly desired by "prohibited persons". Taft, California. While at work I have the security of an in-place infrastructure for safety, while I am commuting I do not. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. (See class schedule page for specific dates) The cost is only $249.00 for the 8-hour Initial CCW Permit Class. Next, Corrupt Issue. You may wish to do more research through the sheriff's Just be honest and give a valid reason. Definitive "Where can I carry in CA?" Shows that people can work hard to prove it. Sonoma County CCW Information Sonoma County CCW Information, Records, and Analysis Sheriff: Steve Freitas Department: Sonoma County Sheriff's Department Address: 2796 Ventura Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403 Phone: (707) 565-2781 Fax: (707) 565-6018 CCW Web link: http://www.sonomasheriff.org/ccw Due to the nature of being a competitive cyclist and engineer, I frequently transport equipment in my vehicle that is of high value as well as ride the bicycles in remote areas that makes me a target for theft. Would that work in SB you think? Goto the link below for information My interview date is 12/8/21. (For proof use photos of activities, value of equipment/property, sales receipts, copy of club membership card, photos of trophies won, training certificates, C&R license. Inmyhonestopinion,Ibelieverobbers,thieves,drugaddictsputmeatagreaterriskofgettingharmed, becauseofthetoolsandequipmentIhavetocarryandtransport. Gun rights activists are celebrating the 6-3 decision, while advocates for stricter gun laws decry it. A. Cookie Notice Privacy Policy. 504 E Alvarado St, Suite 207 Fallbrook, CA 92028 - 760.451.6694. Non-specific, general concerns about personal safety are insufficient.Example #1: I have evidence that there is likely to be an attempt to do great bodily harm on me by someone else because I have received threatening emails from my former brother-in-law who was in jail for assault.Example #2: The nature of my occupation is such that it subjects me to personal risk and/or criminal attack, greater than the general population because as a General Contractor I transport expensive equipment and tools around the county. 2 shots to the torso and 1 to the head with a no look mag swap until empty. How will they hurt or attack you? (e.g. Gen. Current availability totals 8,977 square feet. You should rent me a room so I can move there & apply damn. Ivebeenin, constructionforover15yearsandhavetraveledthroughoutSouthernCaliforniatovariousCountiesrangingfrom, LosAngelesandSanBernardinotodifferentjobsites. Just FYI you just proved Cokebottle was right, .001961496 is not a percentage until you move the decimal 2 places to the right. Im interested in how people have articulated their good cause to assist them in getting the permit. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Accordingly, it is the Attorney General's view that the Court's decision renders California's "good cause" standard to secure a permit to carry a concealed weapon in most public places unconstitutional. Remember, Good Cause has to do with your risk level compared to the general public and not how good you are with a firearm. App sent in beginning of Month 1 Call for interview in end of Month 2 Interview in beginning of Month 3 Approved for Live Scan in Mid Month 3 (This is the step when youve been approved pending Live Scan and Training). Ihadtoexitthevehicletoopenthe, entrancegatetothejobsitewhenIwasconfrontedbytwomenaskingifIcangivethemarideorgivethem, money. Recently, when I was preparing for a training ride near the Tenaja Trail staging area located 30 minutes from Interstate 15 outside of Murrieta, I was approached by two men who arrived in an old Buick sedan. (copies of relevant certificates/licenses, provide photos of you doing job at remote locations, value of equipment, etc) N.B. CCW Policy. Firearms Links : And Resources: OLL FAQ: GunNewsDaily: AR/AK Memo: GunCite: Department: San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department. (10), LASD: add WML and RedDot to gun on license? If you want to check it out and give some criticism i would be happy to hear it. and our Ihonestlyfeltandbelieved. Most of CA is able to get a CCW with minimum to moderate cause. The instructor would check your target at each distance and if you had more than 3 hits outside you'd have to start over. Occasionally,mytradecallsformetoworksomenightswhenitsvery. (7), P365 Serial Number for CCW application (7), Why open carry is not a wise option (4), Gun Magnets with Concealed Carry Permit (17), I Know, I know, 9MM is just as good, but (43), carry in restaurants and common carriers (22), CCW Instructor recommendation for my daughter (5), DOJ Background timeline firearm clearance (0). You will have to select an instructor based on ones they have approved. I have a white collar job, and work 3 miles away from home so not all too bummed about it. (Do you work or travel early in the morning or late at night, alone? Each county may differ when it (4) Live and/or work in a dangerous area as seen by crime stats (provide crimemapping maps, news stories, gov't stats), (5) Recreational activities in remote locales with little or no cellphone coverage and/or long LE response times (e.g., amateur wilderness photography, target shooting, hunting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, motorcycling, backcountry skiing, etc.). Stone cold Trump Supporter. I was alone because I work late at night. Theres time stamps to jump around. Thanks. In kern would something such as citing crime in the area, and bringing articles etc work?I work in I.T and transport computers including my own personals computers regularly but my work has a no gun policy so I believe that is a no-go.
Mygp Cedars Surgery, Danny Koker Dad, Girard's Smoky Chipotle Mayo, Articles C