You have freed my from my tether and now I am running free! Enable USB Debugging on your phone/tablet. So I'm not sure what you're asking. I can use any simple ddwrt nerf ear for mangling. I turn off the VPN and the Router begins working again. Plenty of speed and no throttling. Wouldnt they still see all the traffic because they view it AFTER the tunnel?? We are working within the cage and its never quite fun. DDT-wrt and tomato have a pretty easy setting for this feature. by DDK65JAG Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:20 pm, Post That is why I need special help from others. by gscheb Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:42 pm, Post For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 117 is sometimes a working TTL for Verizon. But I finally got it correctly installed (no idea how) and my USB tether is giving me full high speed data. This can be done on the individual PC you want to tether, or you can tether the phones entire data stream. We are using an Alcatel One Touch 7 for our device. So will this VPN service do the trick, or was there something unique about the VPN you specifically mentioned? Thanks for the info Jay, Ive been using PDAnet on my MetroPCS plan for a little over 2 Im gone. o T-Mobile One (limits WiFi hotspot to 512Kbps DL/UL) Ill try the tunnel again and see what happens. at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.mutateGlobalSetting(U I managed to get around it using same trick for a few hours until I was throttled again. Normally traffic is routed around the VPN through the hotspot channel. Care to elaborate ? Free shipping for many products! fiy, the command prompt way, doesnt always work for some reason, so if it doesnt just manually edit the registry to change the ttl. Thanks for clarification. Would you mind show me how? For me, I wanted my Shield TV to be the device using the data, via my laptop's WiFi. So I can confirm that pushing Athens same bundle, but currupted, still makes it revert to the unknown bundle. The incompatibility between devices was a waste of time for me when all iOS use the same stuff for the most part. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Otherwise incoming wont properly work (usually no big deal) and your out going ttl would be off. I followed the DD-WRT wiki for enabling QOS. Could you enter recovery (the screen that lets you wipe stuff and re-flash) at all? Please a step by step order of things. My data gets cut off totally if I use to much, normally after I use about 30gb. by gscheb Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:11 pm, Post Neither one would allow a connection to be shared. its i highend 250$ router though and supports 300Mbs p/s on the 802.11n frequencies, i just use it to connect over 2.4ghz and edit the ttl and pass back through to the 5ghz, ive been doing this for years and using 800GBs-2TBs of data each month no issues. Right. Ps: I recommend looking into running ddwrt on another router if you have one laying around that can run it, its pretty simple to setup the proper firewall filters to mangle the TTL on the fly with the plus sides being that a entire network can run behind it with if you set it as a repeater/repeater bridge. I use it because of the speeds, latency, and ease on phone. This is on BOTH iOS and android. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/dd-wrt-openvpn. Thing is that even if you get a quality phone you really have to research it and the builds carefully. My server doesnt have a head right now I Ill have to log it remotely and Im on the other end of the property. Do you have a way of editing your bundle before pushing it?? I have the same problem and would like to know whether you fixed that somehow or not. Not USB to the router. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe). For those who failed using PdaNet, you can try connecting to VPN (psiphon free etc) before enabling PdaNet usb tether. no throttle issues til I hit the magic secret number of GBs (I think thats BS too) Ive hit well of 40GB in a month and not been throttled (or if i was i couldnt tell) here is some screenies that i just took (see my post above for the method (i didnt do anthing to my phone) its STOCK Zmax Pro right out the box, I did the above method on my Windows lappy and my Linux boxes I just appended #~net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl = 65 (no quotes) to the end of my /etc/sysctl.conf, If i was everybody else reading this, i would try this method and see if it works for you I find it hard to believe they wouldnt flag an account using hundreds of GB even on an unlimited. So my question is this: If I switch my Win7 computer that connects via USB Tether to Ubuntu server, then will I get full speed? Understanding and Configuring DNS TTL 13.05.22 Configuration DNS TTL best practices: Understanding and configuring DNS TTL The DNS TTL value shows how long the results of DNS queries are saved for. I am stil curious when you say youre pinging your local adressif you are using a seperate unit or if you are pinging it from the Windows PC. I dont know what this method does to the desktop? That is why I wanted to know if PdaNet to hide tether usage works with a router. But we have other devices that dont have unlimited data. Navigate. The one without runs the rest of the house and my PC stick (with VPN installed on it), Glad to see someone ask that. Type settings put global tether_dun_required 0 and press enter. I'm attempting to use a phone as WAN and bypass the carrier tethering limit. Note: If you find PdaNet isnt working, or T-Mobile is severely throttling your connection, installing a custom Android ROM as Cyanogenmod can help. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables#Modifying_the_TTL, From Mildew The original fix for tethering given in these forums was: iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o 3g-modem -j TTL ttl-set 64. so interesting comparing that to your solution. C. at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:492) o Schlarbs User Agent Switcher add-on in FF 56.0.2 Also was using PDANet+ for years but all of a sudden looks like TMO can now see. I am fairly sure that asuswrt-merlin is capable of running the script. I have been messing with the firewall rules to change the outgoing TTL to 65, but I cant seem to get it to work. my phone is MetroPCS and its not rooted and its locked and still working, wow PdaNet works now. I have metro pcs with 15gb of hotspot data.. i run out every month.. once my data runs out i use hotspotvpn. As far as iBackup there are still some cool things you can do with it, as of 9.x.x (sure it still works on present updates), you can edit your touch pop ups use the silent switch for things like rotation lock and a few other decent tweaks I believe you can edit font packages as well as many other things, some of which are still being discovered so keep an open mind on the possibilities. ), Do I have enter my latency is around 45ms, but its not like I could hope for better in North Florida anyhow, even at my sisters house with a good 350Mb p/s the latency is around 50ms, i play a ton of bf1 with no issues, but Ive never played on anything lower latency as far as i know other then lan parties. Am I missing some setting in the router? As far as the update it will Be asking you to update from now on, sometimes twice in a row, and if you ever do let it update by mistake, or whatever, you will have to redo your work. 3. Sounds good to me. Why on earth would he need another laptop with wifi to get Ethernet?? You must log in or register to reply here. Any help would be great. That is why we more frequently use it as a hotspot. Can this work with broadband service? For those worried about (as you rightfully should be) the best way to do it is to use the plan thats supposed to only allow up to 480p (it actually allows above but scales it back to around 1080p). Mildew, can you help, or anyone! Its like this; take a router, make it a gateway with dhcp, dns, etc, etc and record the speed through the device, now take the same setup and make it just an access point and let a seperate modem handle the wan traffic and record the differences. If I dont, the VPN service will work for a few minutes and then the internet connection stops. 3. It takes more though on caged is because there are so little options. As far as Congestion goes and speed I can only say this I have a sever set up in my 94 caprice so I can stream music, movies, tv, and my XBone on the road. 3 routers I have that work: tplink MR3420, Asus N13U n Asus N56U. Fantastic! Just did what Jay n others explained on this thread. Yet on the device after reboot it still says the same metro 28.3. Im out. Do i put a space since it might get corrupted if I dont? However when I run my linux machine in Windows10, or a laptop on Windows 10, it throttles, even though if I ping the local ip address 192.168.1.77 for example, it shows TTL is 65. My internet access situation is much the same as Austins. Just open up a administrator command prompt and paste in netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=65(without the quotation marks) and restart the computer, this is functionally equivalent to his instructions since all it does is add a registry enrty into the same place you would if done manually. I pay $50 for the first line and $30 for each after. -As I stated before; with the way a VPN works, to my knowledge, you HAVE to run the VPN on the phone.-. My settings of the above worked great until October of this year. I use PDAnet on an unlocked LG v60 (originally an AT&T phone refurbished) on MetroPCS connected to a laptop with USB cable, then share it to an ASUS wifi router with ethernet cable (the RT-AC86U router I got refurbished on amazon for 99 bucks). Tmob says thank you (normal) You will get a lil over half a second of lag. I was running transmission and a ton of other services on the box. now it working. Ethernet is much more reliable for this type of setup. A free app on the google play store and it works for everything.. been doing it for months..never had any issues, Which one do you use? Fastboot is kind of a little bit more limited with flashing, although it was enough to brick the phone after i flashed an inappropriate kernel or something. When you tether to the router, do you just simply use the tethering option under settings? From what youre saying, it seems I just need the unknown.bundle to get the APN settings editable. It may take me a minute but Ill figure you out. Just gonna say again some phone might not work, noth can be done for that. at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.call(Unknown Source:9 I set it to 69 to equal 68 in order to see if it is changing the TTL. Dee, I have read all the posts, but it wasnt clear if using the router with that method would hide the tethering usage. Good luck. I have vpn on my desktop but it makes its slower. the heavy users are deprioritized which works great. I used setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 for itunes (run command and via elevated command prompt, to which it opens itunes automatically with the command prompt way), connected device, selected the ipcc file and itunes says its updating the file. I tried to use a router from the desktop to share over WiFi, with a Network Bridge, but it kind of broke PDANet. Further complicating things is that in Windows, even though the TTL is 65, everything is throttled. It seems that it takes nothing from no one, as long as heavy users are below the lighter users in priority so the lighter users dont lose a thing. Im confused on what I missed. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B559FIpi6uslN1BMMmRfcms0N0k/view, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B559FIpi6uslNTFjb2ZQSW83bFE/view, https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables_command, https://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/make-windows-7-automatically-find-new-device-drivers/, https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/227852327-Setting-up-an-Asus-Router-running-Merlin-Firmware, https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/dd-wrt-openvpn, http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables#Modifying_the_TTL, http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi/, https://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/822055-revert-14-0-carrier-bundle-restore-personal-hotspot.html, Exclusive groovyPost Giveaway for WinX MediaTrans. It only works great when I'm at home. He oft complains about, lousy rural internet, out here where I live among cows. (He is currently enjoying, by my clocking, ~6Mbps, whilst I had been so-called communicating with him at my 262 kbps. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters. Yes it was in small text somewhere.. Oh well). You should be able to get valid bundles from there. Perhaps you, or anyone else knowledgeable with iptables scripting could answer this: Here is the code I am using : [RECOVERY] [Infinix Zero 5G] [TWRP 3.7.0] [X6815/X6815B] [12+] [UNOFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery - Initial release. At 20 youl only get up to 150 max bandwidth. Did not work for me Motorola z3 android 8.0 tethered to linux mint/ubuntu. I made a test again on my Windows 10 Enterprise machine and ping this machine. Any thoughts? So this worked for me, and everything that I do on my Windows 10 Surface Pro is using the TTL value of 64. If you are on one PC and ping the local adress of the same PC it will just give you whatever value the PC has, because there are no hops, being its the same system/device. If you only do the VPN youll fail etc etc you must do everything needed. As for the question about why an encrypted tunnel or VPN works is not because it hides the amount of data but what the data is. Umm. Since hex is base 16 65 would be 101 not 65, the remedy would be to use either a decimal value(65) or enter the correct hex value that would equal 65(or 41 in hex), I beg the pardon of yall. had to switch usb option on phone to charging only. Also not sure how to sideload. ission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS, java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: writing to settings requires:and Pash Buy an Android phone? For the majority of users speeds from Tmobile is soft throttled after 30 GB. With VPN on, if I try to use Netflix, it hangs up. Iphone will not work unless you have serious chops. Your VPN University link gushes about connecting a 4G phone directly to the USB port of a DD-WRT router. somewhere in /sys or /proc I assume. Thanks so much for this informative discussion. 64 vs 65 setting I believe. Honestly I dont use android as much as I once did. Thank you and if you need more from me, just ask. Kodi with the Exodus Add-On Activiated VPN in iOS. Now every data packets will have ttl value equal to 64 when it will reach your phone. JavaScript is disabled. I honestly don't know. Great article and great info in the comments everyone! There are many PC clients. Or just ignore it? Thats why I wonder if pdanet really does hide it at all . Im not Dave and I cant say that it wont but I cant Fathom it being faster when you add more overhead, destinations, and processes in general. Even using your suggestion, Im still getting throttled in Windows. I have a Windows machine and Metro PCS is my phone service provider (t-mobile PAYG). Throttles?? but gaming will have a long ping so not the best for gaming if thats what you like to do.) Changed apn of hotspot to match the apn of normal mobile date. No one interupteh my stock tradeh! Thanks. blind stabs in the dark. Once you find it we can destroy it. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality.
Hombres Que Buscaron La Presencia De Dios, Articles C